Staff IT Security Engineer Job
Date: Apr 18, 2014
Location: Milpitas, CA, US
SanDisk, Inc. is currently seeking to fill the role of a Staff IT Security Engineer to join its Global Network Services (GNS) team. This is a hands-on role in a dynamic, fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. Applicants should be highly proficient in core networking concepts and have a solid foundation in designing, installing, maintaining and supporting both LAN and WAN infrastructures.
The Senior Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multi-protocol routers, multilayers switches, wireless, and network management systems.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in the organization; develop procedural documentation; develop and conduct effective presentations; and effectively demonstrate products and solutions.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Candidate will place emphasis on doing the “right thing” for the organization as a whole.
Candidate will possess a “can do” positive attitude and mesh well with others.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and flexibility while working on varyingly diverse projects and tasks.
Technical Knowledge with Hands-on experience
- Dynamic and static IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM Multicast).
- LAN, WLAN, MAN, and WAN circuits and protocols (TCP/IP, 802.11a/g/n, Access Lists, VLAN’s, MPLS, DMVPN).
- Strong understanding of wireless security (WPA/WPA2, PEAP, EAP-TLS, 802.1X).
- Expertise on latest Cisco and Brocade hardware and operating systems (IOS, IOS-NR, NX-OS).
- Network virtualization technologies (VRF, VDC, Nexus, VCS Fabric Technology).
- High availability protocols (HSRP, VRRP).
- Monitoring Tools (Solarwinds, Netflow/S-Flow, Exinda or Bluecoat Packet Shaper).
- Packet capture and analysis.
- Unix/Linux scripting.
- Expertise in interfacing with carriers to manage circuit delivery, troubleshooting and migration.
- Cisco Unified Communications (UC) and Computing Systems (UCS) knowledge is a plus.
Education and Training
- BS/BA degree or 7 years or more equivalent experience.
- CCNP or CCIE certification is desirable.
SanDisk offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. SanDisk is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting Notes: United States (US) || Information Technology Jobs || Experienced || Milpitas, CA || [[custInternType]] ||.||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Security, Network, Engineer, Cisco, Network Engineer, Technology, Engineering
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.